Laser therapy in dentistry provides patients with a more comfortable dental treatment experience. Using laser dentistry, your dentist is able to deliver a precise treatment that is more comfortable, quicker, and provides more stunning results.
Benefits of Laser Therapy
There are several benefits to receiving a laser therapy dental treatment.
- Many laser treatments do not require anesthesia, and the recovery time is much quicker than with traditional treatment methods.
- Treatments are more comfortable.
- There is less potential chance of bacterial infection because laser treatments are so precise.
Two Types of Laser Dentistry
There are two different types of laser dentistry: hard tissue and soft tissue.
Hard Tissue Lasers
- Includes treatments such as cavity detection, dental fillings, and tooth sensitivity improvements.
Soft Tissue Lasers
- Includes treatments include gum reshaping, gum surgery, and muscle attachment improvements.
Procedures such as removing benign oral tumors, regenerating nerves, overcoming sleep apnea, whitening teeth, and treating TMD are also considered laser dentistry treatments.
Learn More About Laser Dentistry Treatments
For more information about laser dentistry and how you may benefit from a laser treatment, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment.